Monday, August 21, 2006

Totally Stressed

It is 6:15 and I have finally decided what I am going to do in my social studies class for the next couple of days. It has been rough going today because there was so much to do and not enough time to do it and 400 distractions which constantly kept me off track. Most of the things I had to do today couldn't really be taken care of ahead of time I just had to get in my room and to my computer and "work". I will be glad when it is Wednesday and the first day of class is behind me. I am worried about my social studies class and figuring out how to make it work with another class going on in the same room. I want all the kids to be comfortable and have a good environment to work and learn in but I worry that the needs of certain students are going to be, I don't know, not met, I guess.

As for right now, I'm starting to decompress. I just finished dinner (couldn't even cook I felt too stressed for time) and I'm set to have a small glass of wine before losing my brain in some thoughtless, mindless television. I hope to get to bed early tonight but I have a feeling I may lay there THINKING!!! Ugh!!! I plan on getting up extra early and getting to school by about 6:15 so I can have a good hour to complete preparations. We'll see how it goes. I may just have to deal with the fact that tomorrow, I'm going to be tired and until the wrinkles get ironed out of this situation, I and my colleagues are just going to have to adapt.

I just hope none of my students run. Ugh. Wish me luck and cross your fingers for a smooth transition.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hear ya on the stressing thing. I've been up since 3:45am. Yuck!! How many days until the weekend??