Monday, August 14, 2006

My Bookcase Is At A Standstill

So, I ran out of the Lightning Wood Strip for my bookcase (my 3rd gallon) and since I was on a roll, decided to go out to get some more. Very few places in the area carry the stuff because the makers only distribute through small, mom and pop stores. There is one, however, that is very close and so I tried calling to see if they had any in. Guess what? I called and called and no one would answer the effin phone. So, I decided just to drive down and give it a whirl (I had to go to the library anwyay). Guess what? The shelf was empty. So I go to the counter and say, (after I stand there for a few minutes while the two morons that work there finish discussing how cute and tan the UPS guy was), "Do you know when you will get more of the Lightning Wood Strip in?" Answer: "Um, it should be in Thursday. That is, if it was even ordered." I say, "Well, if it wasn't, can you make sure that someone orders at least 2 gallons for next delivery?" Answer: "Sure". Now, my issue here is that the shelf where the stripper is supposed to be has been empty for about 3-4 weeks since I bought the last gallon. AND - when we went in a couple of weeks ago to try and buy it, we were told, "It should be in on Thursday but give us until at least Saturday to get it on the shelf." Um, is that because you all are lazy? Yeah, I thought so.

So, I'm a little irritated but what am I to do? Guess I'll go read or something since it's raining like cats and dogs.

Oh, and I've recieved 2 phone calls from school today regarding new students. So far there have been two new additions to our sped family and two losses or withdraws (that is a total of 103 sped students for the 06-07 school year.) It's an ever changing number so I expect many additions as the first day of classes looms. Ugh! All of you out there also need to be praying or wishing or sending good thoughts out to whomever it is you pray, wish or meditate to that we have air conditioning on Friday. Rumor has it that we may not and I dread the first day of class (Tuesday the 22nd) with a bunch of smelly, hot adolecents. Ugh again! Stinky kids suck. Grumpy, hot teachers suck even more.

Later.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sorry about your stripping . . . wood stripping, that is.

Two new students, eh? What great fun we'll have come Friday. Hopefully we'll be able to get into our room on Friday.

See you tomorrow.