Ugh. So, Zeke has been having ear issues lately. Zeke, who is never sick and has never had allergies in his 8 years, has been having major itchy, scratchy, yucky, Bubba ear issues. In the past, for those who don't remember or don't know, Bubba has been my "problem child". By this I mean, he has been the one who has had weight issues and suddenly got allergies where for 4-5 months, I was being woken up by him shaking his head because of his itchy ears. So we finally got that under control and Zeke's ear (his right) starts acting up. He wakes me up in the middle of the night shaking his head and is constantly itching. So I think, well, summers are always tough on him. In the past, he has gotten "hot spots" so I thought, "OK, he has a hot spot in his ear." But it is so similar to Bubba I think, I'll just start really being adamant about cleaning it etc.
Well, today I go to clean it (he's being itchier than ever) and I pull out my cotton ball and it's got blood all over it. Zeke has itched so much that he's cut himself. So I call the vet and take him in at 3:30 and they tell me they can't see the membrane around his eardrum and so that could be bad and they may want to sedate him so they can clean the crap out of it (literally). Um, can we try something else first? So, this woman cleans the shit out of his ear and gives me some stuff to treat it (and ensure against yeast, etc.) and $98.00 and 1/2 hour later, I'm on my way home.
I may not be a parent of humans but I'm certainly a parent of 3 needy pups. And I wouldn't trade it. Seriously. I love them dearly.
Mom goes tomorrow and I'll update about her short visit later. I need to go back now and hang with her. She's so funny.

2 comments:
Poor Zeke! I hope he feels better soon!
He's doing better already. The vet got a ton of stuff out of his ear so that helped and the drops are itch relievers as well as steroids and yeast killer. Jinkies!
Post a Comment