Monday, January 12, 2026

Too Fast

This weekend flew by and I'm not okay with that. It was a pretty good weekend. Mostly relaxing. We did go out and finally purchase a recliner. After shopping around we found that Big Sandy had the best prices and the largest selection. Interestingly, the first chair Jim sat in was the one he chose. It was also a lot cheaper than I'd expected to spend. It's a zero gravity so reclines really far back plus it has a massager and can charge your phone. It isn't the mac daddy of recliners but it's everything Jim wanted. Unfortunately it isn't in stock so we may have to wait until March but we've waited this long trying to find the right one, what's another couple months? 

Other than the above and lunch, Jim and I were home. We were going to go out for dinner on Saturday but instead we got take out from Tony's. I'm pretty sure the take out dish was larger than what you'd get in the restaurant. My eggplant parmesan will feed me three times. So good. 

We also finished watching Stranger Things (WAHHHHH!!!! So sad it's over), got in some football (although I don't really care about the playoffs but I'm rooting for the Bears) and played some cards yesterday. You could also find me in the spa several times over the weekend. 

On a sad note, Bob Weir died. He was one of the front men for the Grateful Dead and now there's only one founding member left. Of course the music will never die which is exactly the legacy Bob wanted to leave behind. RIP. 

Ooh, I saw that Mouse Island is for sale! Only $5,000,000!!! Anyone want to go in with me!? (If you don't know, Mouse is the island that sits right at the Miller Boat dock in Catawba. 

Dinner tonight: I think I'm going to do Skyline but I got the chicken chili. We haven't tried it yet and I want to see if it's all that. Yummy.

And that's all I've got. Today I have an IEP via Zoom. After today I won't have another one until March (ish) and only three left for the year. AND!!! only one more that includes an ETR! Bonus! This is pretty exciting for me. 

Okay gotta head out. Happy Monday! Let's hope it's a quick week. (Oh, right next weekend is a three-day weekend! Yippee!) Later! 

No comments: