Fast forward to yesterday evening when I got the text confirming and giving me a more accurate time. So apparently my window now is between 2 and 5. Fuck! I didn't really need to take a 1/2 day. Of course I'm not really mad about that. I'm mad that it's now extended beyond the original time. Five!? I'm hoping that the dude will be here a lot sooner than 5:00 because who wants to start a repair (if that's what we do) at 5 o'clock on a Friday!? And I'm pretty sure this company is based out of Beavercreek. Dumb.
So Jim and I unstacked the dryer yesterday in preparation. It was no easy feat but we managed it with only Jim getting hurt. That was my fault because about 4 inches from the floor, I dropped my side. On Jim's shin. Oops. Surprisingly, he did throw a fit or cry for hours. He just said, "And I'm bleeding. But...these things happen." Better him than me, right?
Who knows what will happen with the washer but I'd expect the repairperson to tell me if it's worth the fix or not. I mean it is a 10 year old machine and I think it's been gearing up for a breakdown. There have been times when the spin wasn't sufficient and I've had to re-spin. Fingers crossed though that it's an easy fix and not too costly. Certainly a new washer would cost a whole lot more. I'd just like the washer to last a little longer. What ever happened to appliances that lasted decades. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Weekend plans: Nothing much except possibly going out to buy a new washer. And here's a question: If I'm getting a new washer, do I get a new dryer? We'll see. I'm sure there will be some hot tub time in my future and cozying up in front of the fireplace since this frigid weather isn't going anywhere, some games, TV watching and lunch out. Other than that, nothing.
Dinner tonight: Sausage patties, fries and probably green beans although I do have a zucchini I need to use.
K - I need to finish getting ready. Happy Friday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment