Monday, January 19, 2026

Forgot It Was Monday

I'm much later than usual today, even for a day off because I forgot it was Monday. Sorry about that. 

Weekend recap: As you know, I went to Columbus to hang with the Egberts and to see Mom. It was very relaxing. I got up there around 10:30 and Maggie and I just hung out and chatted until it was lunch time. We went to Hudson 29 which was delicious (we split a burger) and then headed home until it was time to pick up Eva and Meg from school. Actually, Meg had a hair appointment so Eva brought her friend Ruby home. From there Maggie and I went to see Mom. We stayed for about an hour and chatted then headed back home. Maggie and Charlie's neighbors came over at one point and we just hung out and Maggie made a couple pizzas. After a nice long soak in the hot tub, I was exhausted and we were probably all in bed by 10:30. 

Saturday we literally didn't do anything except hang at home, watch football and chill. Eva had a party to go to so she left around 6:00. Again, we watched football and Maggie made meatloaf for dinner. I was in bed by 10:00ish. 

Sunday we got up and I guess Mom called Maggie really early and was very confused. She thought there were people in her house so Maggie went to get her around 7:00 thinking a little change of scenery would help to reset her mind. It didn't. Not only was she convinced that there had been people in her house but she also believed she had three cats (instead of 2). We kept telling her she only had 2 but she was adamant. I ended up taking her back home around 9:30 (she was ready to go back by then) and she was still very confused. I went in to get her settled. She walked back to her bedroom and called out, "Can you help me fix this?" I went back and found her nightstand askew and everything unplugged. Her clock, her lamp, her phone. I asked her what happened and she said that she had to unplug everything because of the something was making a noise and driving her crazy. Then she started talking about her three cats again. I told her to show them to me and she pointed to Whiskers, then Dinah but couldn't find the other cat. I tried to tell her she only had two cats and she just huffed and puffed and told me I was crazy. Hmm. Oh, and then I found the remote she lost a week or so ago. 

I'm not sure what's going on with her. Is this just increasing dementia or could she have a UTI? Is it dehydration (she doesn't drink enough) or because she doesn't eat anything but her protein shakes.  According to Maggie, she's very up and down. One day she's clear as a bell and the next not. I know how frustrating it is for Maggie. Ugh. 

Plans today: Jim's at work and after I finish this I'll do some yoga. I'll give the dogs a little walk but it's cold as hell and only getting colder. I'll probably get on the elliptical and then relax until Jim gets home. We're going to have an early dinner before we pop into Steve's mom's visitation. 

And that's all I've got. Happy Monday! Later. 

No comments: