Jim's headed north to Columbus today. He swore last week that he was done traveling for work but alas, his boss is in a pickle. Apparently the dude they put on the job can't hack it so they had to pull him. It's a 2nd shift job so he'll go up today, late morning, do a little job somewhere else and then work tonight and tomorrow and come home Friday morning. At least he's not working alone and the dude who's already up there is someone Jim likes.
I'm fine with all of the above but I did tell Jim that when he gets home on Friday, he's my bitch. It kind of works out perfectly because now I can have him do the things I need done before going to the Bay on Saturday. I made sure to lay into Jim that he's not coming home to sleep and chill out. The things I'll have on his list need to be completed BEFORE I GET HOME FROM WORK!!! Do I think he's going to follow through? Past experiences tell me no. But we'll see.
Man oh man did it rain yesterday. I was worried about the sump pump but all was well. When I got home I never heard it which freaked me out but apparently they aren't supposed to be as loud as our old one.All that rain meant that I didn't get a chance to walk Scout and he and Boo were a little stir crazy last night but they managed. I mean, in a year, they probably DON'T get walked less than a dozen times but I still feel bad.
Oh, and of course the fire alarm went off yesterday just as kids were heading to lunch. Obviously it wasn't a planned drill and thankfully it wasn't pouring but I still felt bad for the kids...as I stood under my giant umbrella in my nice and cozy fleece jacket. I can't help that those dummies choose to wear shorts on a rainy 40 degree day.
Dinner tonight will obviously be leftovers since Jim won't be around. I've got plenty to choose from so it kind of makes me happy.
This time next week, I'll hopefully be sleeping, back in my own bed after a few days at PIB. So excited for a week off from work. And then after that, we've got only 3 weeks (one of which is exam week) until winter break. I can do this!
K - I need to go get Jim up and at 'em so I can tell him some things he needs to do. Happy Wednesday. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment