Tuesday, November 04, 2025

Early Morning Freak Out

I was just getting into my Pilates this morning, around 4:45, and my watch signals a phone call. I think, Uh oh! But it's Aunt Muir so I think, Butt dial. But then about 1 minute or so later, I get the signal that there's a voicemail. I should have figured what happened. Apparently Mom was confused about her pills. They hadn't come out of her machine and she was freaking out. So she supposedly called Maggie, Charlie, Tom and then tried to call me but instead called Aunt Muir. Ugh. I called her and she was fine. I told her that it was still early and her pills probably hadn't been distributed yet. I also reminded her to LOOK AT THE CLOCK!!! And that it's okay if she doesn't take her pills at the same freaking minute every day. If something were amiss, Maggie would riddle it out when she came over. Of course Mom was very apologetic (I assured her it was okay) but she's so wiggity about her pills. On the one hand it's good that she remembers she needs to take them but Jaysus lady...nothing catastrophic will happen if you're a bit off your timeline. 

I think Jim's finally feeling better. He was ridiculous yesterday and you know me; I'm an asshole. I really tried not to be. When he sent me a text at 9:50 yesterday morning telling me he was going home, I didn't get mad. When I got home and he was in bed, I asked him if he needed anything. When he finally came downstairs and laid down on the loveseat/ottoman, I again offered to get him anything he needed. However, when we sat down for dinner and he proceeded to moan and groan and put his head in his hand and act the pitiful fucking fool, I finally had to say, "DUDE!" He said, "I have a headache." I said, "I have a headache every day of my fucking life...I have a headache right now. Do you hear mean boo hooing about it? Am I sitting here at the dinner table grasping my head like a drama queen?! Get it together!" In the end, around 2 o'clock, he came downstairs and fell asleep on the couch and woke up an hour later drenched in sweat. That's the signal that his illness has left his body. Oh, please let that be true! 

In other news, it's election day and I'm pretty sure this time tomorrow, it's going to be the beginning of a long time of doom and gloom in my district. I have no idea what exactly will happen with our district but I do know it's going to be awful and a lot of people are going to lose their jobs. Education is so fucked up. 

I'll go quickly after school to vote but I don't live in my district and I don't think there's a lot to vote on in my township. I'll look it up today before I go. 

Dinner tonight: I'm either going to make a cod and potatoes in a rosemary cream sauce or I'm going to make fish and chips. We'll see how I feel when I get home. 

And that's all I've got. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: