Tuesday, April 08, 2025

Something New

The woman on whose channel I do most of my yoga recently got certified to instruct mat Pilates. This morning, I did her first, beginner video and I liked it. There were parts that were a bit challenging but most of it was pretty easy going for me. I'm attributing that to yoga. I will certainly continue with this hoping it strengthens my core, which is much needed. I'll search on Youtube today for some other instructors because my girl, currently only has one posted Pilates video. It's always nice to change things up a bit. 

I woke up this morning thinking it was Wednesday. That's going to screw up my whole week. I hate it when I do that. 

I mentioned yesterday that I don't have any meeting this week but of course something came up. I'm going to have to have a phone conference with the parents of the new kid coming to my caseload. There are a lot of screwy things with his IEP and where he was placed in his previous school so we need an understanding of what the expectation is. First of all, he was in an ED classroom (emotional disturbance), which we don't have. Second, he basically has an aide in all his gen ed classes which means we'd need to hire someone. I mean he's coming to school with 3 weeks left in the year. Are we supposed to hire someone for 3 weeks? And you know they aren't going to be qualified. Also, the parents supposedly moved from their previous district because they were not in agreement with what the school had put into place for his IEP. However, they signed and gave permission at the January IEP meeting. I'm guessing there's some miscommunication somewhere in all this mess. 

Dinner tonight: Although it's going to be pretty cold today, I'm going to grill a pork tenderloin. Something easy and relatively healthy. I also don't want to make leftovers because we have a lot in the fridge. 

Jim didn't work yesterday and won't again today. He's got an exterior job and it's too cold to do it. It's that time of year where it's slow and these things happen. The good part of it was he managed to go to the grocery for me and took care of some stuff around the house. I'll have a list of jobs for him today. He may actually have a list of his own but I need to make sure that doesn't entail moving shit in the garage or basement from one side to the other without really getting anything done. 

Okay well, time to get a move on. Happy Tuesday (wish it were Wednesday). Later!

No comments: