Friday, April 11, 2025

Big Yard Plans

This is going to be the first non-rainy weekend in about a month which means: YARD WORK!!! I bought some aeration shoe attachments (see left) so that we can get the lawn looking good. Who knows if they'll work but they can't do any harm, right? Plus they were pretty cheap. We have a lot of areas that need seed still especially along the fence line plus we need to add more seed to the areas where the contractors destroyed the yard. It's definitely coming in but with all the rain we got last week, there are some patches that got waterlogged and need a boost. Along with all that, we'll mow where we can and Jim will treat the lawn with fertilizer as well as a sort of miracle grow treatment. 

It's obviously too early for any flowers but I'm getting plans in place and thinking about what I need for the deck. I can't wait until it's all in place and the temps are more consistent. We also have a couple of stumps that need to be burned out which will be a lengthy job. I can't wait until I look out into the yard, front and back, and see nothing but green. 

Thank the baby Jesus it's Friday. The week went by pretty quickly so I'm not mad about that. It's movie day in my academic classes (I'm starting an Agatha Christie movie in ELA and I'll try to figure out a WW2 movie for history since we're about to start that chapter. Maybe Indian Jones...the third one...it's my fave.) I have a phone meeting today at 10:00 which will hopefully only take 15 minutes. We'll see. It's for that kid who hasn't started yet and is apparently a pill. 

I almost didn't exercise this morning. I was just feeling lazy. But I managed to get on the elliptical and do the full 1/2 hour. I was only going to do 20 minutes, then I thought, Okay, I'll do 24 but once I reached that goal, I figured I could make the full 30, plus I was at the end of the 7th episode of White Lotus and didn't want to stop. I'm so happy I powered through. 

Dinner tonight: It's a leftover night. We have a ton of random stuff in the fridge and Jim's good with that. I'll make Detroit pizza tomorrow with a salad and who knows for Sunday. I'll need to make something that will make leftovers so I have stuff for the week. Maybe taco bowls. 

And that's all I've got. Guess I should get going so I can get this day done. Happy Friday! Happy weekend. Later!

No comments: