Monday, April 07, 2025

Getting Harder

It's getting harder and harder to deal with Mondays. Not to beat a dead horse or sound like a broken record but these next several weeks (6?) are going to be really tough to get through. I need to do my best to keep my mind from spiraling into a chasm of dread. The way to do that will be to just keep my eye on the ball. Summer break is on the horizon and I can do this! I've done it before I just need to remember that this too shall pass and when May 23rd arrives, I'll have one more year under my belt. 

The weekend was a rainy mess. We were supposed to have friends over Saturday but with the weather and then Dan being sick, we decided to postpone. I wasn't mad about it. I still made the meal I had planned (French dip, crack green beans and potato salad) and Jim and I just ended up playing some games and watch basketball. Speaking of which, the loss of Duke put Jim out of any winnings and I'm pretty much done. I do have Florida winning in one of my brackets but even if they do, I don't have enough points to take over the people placed higher than I. Oh well...it was fun. 

Yesterday Jim and I of course went to Shooters. When we got up in the morning and I said to Jim, "What do you want to do today?" And Jim answered, "Poke the box with my finger." I said, "Excuse me?!" Hee hee. 

Nothing is going on at work this week. No meetings. No late nights. Hopefully no one annoying me. I'm starting a new book with the kids in ELA (And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie) and the kids in history will take a test this week. Oh, I do have a dentist appointment Wednesday after school. 

Dinner: I'll do something with chicken tonight. Maybe General Tso's with rice and broccoli. I need to make my menu when I get to school and then go to the grocery. 

The rain is just about out of here and we should be mostly dry for the next 10 days. There is rain forecasted for Wednesday but other than that, we're in the clear. Hopefully that means that the weekend will allow Jim and I to get our yard in some sort of shape. 

Okay well, I'd best get a move on. Happy Monday...fingers crossed this week flies by. Later!

No comments: