I'm catching up on the sleep I lost night before last but I didn't sleep great last night. I slept pretty solidly until about 2:30 but then never really fell fully back to sleep. But today is Friday and I can get through this day easily knowing that I have the weekend ahead of me. Of course it's going to be nasty all weekend with record rainfall but at least it's the weekend.
Speaking of rainfall, my sump pump is getting a workout and my backyard is a swamp. Thank the lord there's hay down so the dogs aren't tracking mud in. And looking at the 10 day forecast, I think there's only one day so far that has showers (Wednesday). Hopefully that will allow all this rain to be absorbed and I can finally seed the rest of the yard and mow those areas that have become overgrown.Have I mentioned that I hate Spring?
Last night was fine. If you'll recall it was senior night of service. We had 6 kids scheduled to present in our room and 5 showed up. We were done by 6:00 and I was home by 6:30. I have one more late night left for the school year (April 17th) but I won't be going to that. A) It's stupid. B) That's Dad's birthday and the last place I'll want to be is at school wasting my time and C) it's stupid.
This weekend: We have a couple of friends coming over for dinner on Saturday (Dan and his gal Lisa). I'll make French dip sandwiches with crack green beans and maybe just fries. Or roasted potatoes. I haven't decided. I want to do something easy so we'll see. Maybe we'll play cards or just watch basketball or just hang. Who knows? Other than that, no plans.
I have a new kid coming on my caseload. So stupid. I don't know a thing about the situation except that the kid is on the spectrum, he's pretty needy and he's not starting until April 30th. What the fuck!? I mean, is it a transition sort of thing? Is it a kid on scholarship that's coming to the high school? Did the family move? I don't know but 3 weeks before the end of the school year? That's just dumb. I'll read up on the detes today but this shit doesn't make me happy.
Man oh man is our economy fucked! Yesterday's stock market crash as a result of trump's tariffs? That just cost the country 3 trillion dollars. Way to go douche bag. We went from an economy that was envied all over the world a year ago to one that is going to send a large percentage of Americans (the poorest already) into the shitter. a I haven't checked by I'm sure my money market account is in the crapper as well. Lets see how this plays out but so far so terrible. Just like everyone warned.
K - I'm out. It's raining like crazy so I need to possibly take an alternate way to work. Happy Friday. Happy weekend. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment