Just saw on the ticker that Italians are offering Americans $1 homes for those (of us) upset by the election. I'm going to have to look into this! Jim just said, "I think I could learn to speak Italian or at least fake it 'til I make it." Thing about Italy though is that they aren't a country where nearly everyone speaks English.
Lake Erie is looking pretty gnarly and the ferries probably won't run today and possibly tomorrow. I'm hoping that by Saturday the Miller will resume their normal schedule but we'll see. Someone on Billy's FB page did ask the question about Saturday so I look forward to see what he'll say about that. The good thing, again, is that the wind will shift tomorrow which should improve things.
Today and tomorrow will be a wonky day at the "Castle" because 410 students will be either attending or working the Fall play during the morning. They're putting on A Midsummer's Nights Dream and most sophomores are reading that right now. Three of my four students 2nd bell will be there and beyond that I'm not effected. Tomorrow, all sophomores will be headed to the WCCC which means I might need to tweak my plans since I have a lot of sophomores. Then again...nah! That's more trouble that it's worth. They can do the work without much issue.
Dinner tonight: I offered to Jim to go out to dinner and he chose Mexican. We'll go to our local place and I'm excited.
I'll do a pretty big shop at Kroger today during my plan period today and thankfully the temps will be low enough that my cold stuff will be good until I get home. I'm hoping I can get almost all the stuff I need for our trip so that will be off my "To-do" list.
I met yesterday, via Zoom, with my financial planners to talk money, retirement etc. The gist is that I should have plenty of money to live on whether I retire with full benefits (34 years at 63) or a little earlier than that. I need to die by 90, however. I told Colleen, "That's fine. I don't want to live that long anyway." They said I'm in good shape and hopefully as time goes by and my money makes more money, I'll be in even better shape.
Okay, well, Jim's watching MSNBC and I don't want to hear it so I'll close this out. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment