Thursday, August 10, 2023

I'm Not Completely Mad

Because I know you're all waiting with bated breath to hear about my contract, I'll start with that, even though it isn't the most important thing that happened yesterday. So, here are the basics and most important parts: 1) We have a 3 year contract which is major 2) Our pay increase is 3% this year, then 2% then 1%. Essentially, this means my pay raise for this year (in comparison to last) is about $4000 (give or take and I'll take that). 3) Insurance isn't changing. 4) They've increased the number of days allowed as severance upon retirement from 87 days to 92. That 5 days means that if you're retiring with 30 years, for example, your per diem is approximately $500 a day so that equals to $2500 more you'd get upon retirement. And that's about it. Nothing else has really changed that affects me. There are some good changes for reimbursement of college courses and moving on the pay scale but I'm at the highest level of pay (masters + 20) so it doesn't help me. And we all know it's about me! Kidding. Anyway - I'm not mad at the contract and I'm sure it will pass with flying colors. So one less thing to occupy and stress my mind. 

One thing that is stressing my mind is school starting. But here's the biggest annoyance: They've changed the start of school this year to include 2 days of meeting (WHAT!? 1 day was enough of a fucking waste of time and now they're going to take 2 full days of stupid shit!? FUCK!!!) 1 work day and then Thursday the 9th and 12th graders start with Friday being the whole high school. Here's the annoying part: An email was sent out yesterday (I guess...I didn't know until Lisa texted me about it) with a form to sign up for "sessions" for Monday's in-service. Uh...my school year doesn't start until Monday August 14th and I'm not signing up for SHIT before then! I'm not responding to any emails from teachers either. I may do some work on Sunday (schedules) but anything pertaining to meetings can just fuck off! Don't piss me off and infiltrate my time! You have 185 days to do that and not a day more!

I may need to adjust my attitude. I'm already annoyed and angry and the school year hasn't started. For my mental health it may be best if I choose to just grin and bear it. It's so hard though when my admins are so dense and just don't seem to give two shits about their teachers. Ugh! I'm going to try and have a better mindset so I don't lose my mind. 

The more important thing that happened yesterday is that Trip, Susan and J.J. arrived and we had a lovely day. There was pool time, paddle board time, euchre time and we had a really nice dinner at Crew's Nest. Today our plans are to A) make a big breakfast after I finish up here. B) Trip and I need to get the wave runner in the water and started (we charged it yesterday), gassed up and then there may be some rides and/or tubing in the Bay. The wind kicked up this morning and the lake is getting a little angry C) it's a much more beautiful day than I think it was supposed to be - so far - so maybe we'll take a trip to the pool; who knows? D) Dinner at home tonight: Burgers, orzo salad, corn and maybe some fries. I'm sure there will be some cards played and definitely some paddle boarding (I was able to stand and boy do my thighs feel it today.

And that's about all I've got. I'd best kick Maggie in the butt to help me start breakfast. Happy Thursday...my last day here at the Bay, which means I won't post until Monday...when I'm back to the grind of school. WAHHHHH!!!!! K - later.

No comments: