Thursday, December 02, 2021

Mouse Wrangler

Scout, my little ratter, is such a good boy, however, I wish he didn't feel the need to try and sneak his catches into the house. I had let him outside while I made breakfast and he was out there for a nice, long while. When he finally came to the door, I didn't pay much attention to his sweet little face, I just let him in. As he flew by me, however, I caught sight of something hanging out of his mouth which resembled a small twig. So I ran after him saying, "NO NO NO NO NO!!! DROP IT!!!" Surprisingly he did...at my feet. A fat little mouse who had recently met his maker. Jim was sitting right there and so I yelled to him, "MOUSE MOUSE MOUSE!" (I couldn't get it because I would have had to move away from it to get a paper towel and Scout was looking to snatch it up again with any distraction on my part.) Jim got it and then I praised the hell out of my boy for being such a good rodent wrangler. I gave him lots of love and scratches but, as I said to him, "I don't want any kisses for awhile." 

(The pic is the closest I could find to depict Scout as my little mouser)

I mean, how fast and on his toes does that boy have to be to catch a mouse? Fast, right? I get that he can catch a mole and maybe a chipmunk but mice scurry pretty quickly. 

Oh, and the funny thing was after the whole debacle, Boo, who had been outside as well and was still out, came to the door and went up to Scout and I swear he said to him (mind speaking), "Hey, where'd you put that mouse we were going to play with today while Mom and Dad were at work?" 

Anyway...I have my pre-observation meeting today during my plan period. Shouldn't be that big a deal, we'll see. 

Slept like a baby again last night! Three nights in a row.

My husband is a dummy! He's unloading the dishwasher and acts like he can't put shit away because he can't bend over. And he says this as he's bending over. He's trying to put the Tupperware away and I'm like, "You dummy, just pull the thing out!" He says, "It's impossible! There's shit in the way!" And I said, "Yeah, pull it out dummy! Like I have to do!" ARG! Well, I have to say, at least he's emptying the dishwasher because it's my most hated job. 

K - need to head out. Happy, ooh, Thursday! Tomorrow's Friday! YAY! Later!


No comments: