Another question I asked Jim this morning (and I thought I knew but wasn't sure), "What's your favorite fruit?" And he thought for a minute and said, "Strawbabies I think. What's yours?" And I said, "Same...strawberries although these seedless red grapes I got last time at the grocery are delicious!" Then Jim said, "What's your favorite color?" I thought for a minute and said, "Green." Which he also answered. We have more in common that you'd think.
Today at school (I've mentioned this before but I'm really excited) we'll start watching Hamilton in Government class. I really hope the kids like it. I think they will...or they won't and I don't care because I don't what I want and guess who's the boss in my classroom!?
Guess what I got in the mail yesterday!? My ballot!!! I'm so excited! Jim and I will fill them out this weekend and then drop them off, in person to ensure they are delivered. Twenty-five days people!
Bathroom update: The ceiling is in along with a pod light over the shower. The new fan was put in. The vent/air duct has been properly placed (he had to move it) and things are ready, I believe for the shower to be poured. I'm assuming this because there are about 8 bags of concrete in the garage. That will need to cure which is perfect since it's the weekend. Things are really moving along and I can't wait to see where we are this time next week.
Speaking of next week, I'll have 2 4-day weeks in a row. That's right, next Friday we don't have school and then the following Monday is an in-service day but because we don't have any real meetings or plans, I decided to make that a day where I have my doctor's appointments so I won't be going in. I figure that way I can take a nice 4-day weekend without having to put plans together for class and I don't need a sub. Everyone's a winner.
Weekend plans: We have lots of errands to do tomorrow (Menards, Floor Decor and Home Depot) then I think we'll go to Sonder Brewery for a beer or two and then maybe lunch at Rusty Bucket (I've been craving a taco salad. Tonight we don't have much going on and I believe the neighbors (Doug at least) will be out of town.
K - well, I'd best get a move on. Happy Friday! Stay healthy and safe and have a good weekend! Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment