Thursday, October 22, 2020

How Has This Been A Long Week!?

 I mean, I didn't work Monday, how is it that this week has turtle-walked by? 

So I get this email this morning (that was sent at 11 PM) from one of my juniors (which is important because by now, shouldn't you know better) saying, Mrs. Hanke, do you think name (math teacher) would give me more time on my assignments. I really behind. I emailed her back and said, I don't know...you should probably ask HER but generally she doesn't give extensions. Especially when you slack and were on your phone the whole time yesterday in my class and you have a study hall to boot. I mean, quit being a slacker. I don't have much sympathy...because more and more, I'm finding kids are stupid!

Bathroom: Jim's got the painting done and he went yesterday and bought the casing and toe boards and painted those. Larry should be here today to install that stuff and hopefully put in the vanity and toilet. Woot! Jim will pick up the bullnose after work (fingers crossed it matches what we have) and then the tile should be laid tomorrow. After that, it's fixtures and the shower glass. Woot! 

This weekend Jim and I will go out and buy the doors for upstairs and the bathroom accessories. I think I'll go to Bed Bath and Beyond for that stuff...hopefully I'll find something I like. Jim doesn't want a toilet paper holder attached to the wall so I need to find a stand like I have in the master. Everything is brushed nickel...hopefully BB&B is well stocked. Hopefully I have some coupons. 

Dinner tonight: Pork tenderloin on the grill, broccoli and rice. It's supposed to get to near 80 and NOT rain so it's a good night to grill. 

What else...I got a new kid yesterday on my caseload. The good thing about this is he has a pretty easy IEP that was JUST done so I won't have to do that. Although I'm tempted to redo it - write all the same shit is has on it from Milford (where he was last) and just add an objective to his goal. Reason: It was done on 9/17 which means I would have to do it lickity split next year when school starts. No one wants that. Oh, and his goal is an executive functioning goal (turning in his work). He used to have a behavior goal so hopefully he isn't an asshole. We'll see. 

Okay time to go. Happy Thursday...one more day. Stay healthy. Stay away from people. Spikes everywhere (and not because we're doing more testing!). Later

No comments: