Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Gettin' It Done!

Yesterday I came home and after exercising I cleaned the guest bedroom, got the bed made and then headed to the grocery to shop for my guests coming and Friday's get together. I was home by 6:15 and Jim was home by then. I directed him on things that needed to get done and after dinner, I finally sat down in front of the TV to relax. Oh and I made a pumpkin cinnamon bread that at least looks delicious. (I made the dough in the bread maker, rolled it out, filled it with goodness stuck it in the oven.)

Today I should be able to stay put getting things cleaned and prepped here in preparation for Mom and Richard and then Friday. Since I ran all my errands yesterday, I'm hoping I can focus on the house and not leave until we head out tonight for our annual Chicken Joint dinner.  I'll make the chili here in a bit and then do a ton of laundry and clean. I'd love to walk today but with all I have to do and the weather, I'm not sure that will get done. We'll see. If the rain moves out early enough I'll at least get each boy out for a mile or two. I've been very into doing yoga lately (managed to do warrior 3 without falling on my ass yesterday!) so that will probably be in my plans. Unfortunately I got an email from FedEx tracking that my elliptical part will now be delivered by end of day FRIDAY instead of today. That makes me sad! Oh well.

What else? School yesterday was the waste of time I thought it'd be but at least I got an IEP completed and some Biology chapters.

Oh get this: So my district had a bond on the ballot this past election day and unfortunately it didn't pass. We are a district that is already busting at the seams and are just continuing to grow and grow so this hurt. Something will have to be done to address the overcrowdedness and in fact, it looks like they'll put the levy back on the spring ballot. Anyway, a parent wrote into my principal (anonymously) expressing her disappointment that it didn't pass and her desire to do something to show her support for the teachers. So!!! She sent in 74, $50 Amazon gift cards ($3700), one for each teacher in the high school, that we could each use on our Amazon classroom wish list. (Yes, we have to use it for our classroom.) Isn't that amazing and so generous!?

Okay - I'd better get the chili on. Happy Wednesday! I may or may not post yesterday...just depends on my mood. If I don't post - Happy Thanksgiving early (and happy birthday to me). Oh!!! Happy birthday Aunt Kathleen! Hope your day is great! Later!

No comments: