Thursday, November 06, 2014

Who Dey!

Ugh...woke up today to an email from Kristyn (my best friend from childhood...lived across the street from her for many years...she lived with us for several years during high school...currently lives in Australia). Last week they found a brain tumor in her mother.  They operated and were able to remove most of it but it seems they type of tumor she has is one of the worst (fast-growing). They won't be able to give her a "definite" prognosis or start other treatment until she recovers a bit from the surgery but there is some hope and they're keeping their fingers crossed. Kristyn says she'll be coming to the states soon but she isn't sure when.  I'm not even sure where Pat/Anne (her mother) is.  I believe she lives in New Mexico now but I'm not sure.  Eric, her son is currently with her.  Prayers and thoughts.

On a happier note - WHO DEY!  Go Bengals.  I was tempted to wear Bengals attire - especially since my principal is a Browns fan...I may still go up and change...what the heck, right?!  We'll see. Anyway - kick off isn't until after 8:00 so I don't know how much of the game I'm going to see.

By the way - I finished a couple of books recently that were really good.  The first is Following Atticus by Tom Ryan.  Atticus being a sweet mini-schnauzer and Tom Ryan being his owner.  It doesn't have a bad ending (for those of you worried since it's a dog story) and it's so uplifting. It made me want to go out and enjoy the world around me...stop sitting on my ass being idle and not looking at all that God gave us here on Earth.  There's so much that we stop paying attention to because we're busy or scared or stagnant and yet there's so much out there to experience.  There's all this awesome nature and beauty that we just pass right by. But not pups.  Nope, they enjoy it all.  It's almost a new day, a new discovery every day but unfortunately, most of them are at our beck and call and can't enjoy unless we enjoy. 

The second book was Defending Jacob by William Landay.  Jacob being a 13-year old accused of murdering a classmate.  Interesting.  Good.  Fast read. 

Okay well, I think I may just go up and change clothes...support my Bengals!  Eff it, right!? 

Happy Thursday!  One more day!  Later!

No comments: