First of all, my Christmas tree and wreath came yesterday. I didn't unbubble wrap my tree but all looked well with it. My wreath is cute too. AND!!! The whole payment thing was remedied as well. Hayneedle managed to piss me off for a minute but it all ended well so yes, I will be ordering my daybed from there, probably this weekend.
Additionally, the Time Warner issue was fixed. However, I've had just about all I can take with that company and when my current package expires, I will be shopping elsewhere.
My computer is still acting like an asshole but I'll be taking it to work with me so that the IT teacher can fix it and make it work like a dream. It does pay to work in a school sometimes where there are people like the IT guy to fix my computer for free.
This weekend Jim and I (well I as I believe Jim will be painting) will shop for carpet. I'm not sure if I'll do just the family room or the family room and living/dining room. If you'll recall, I had thought to do hardwood in the latter and I still might but I'm going to price it all. I'll go to the major hardware stores and then peruse online at Big Bobs, and other places. I'm hoping to get the at least the family room done by Christmas. Maybe even the week of Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed. What do you think a reasonable amount would be? I'm clueless as to what this will cost.
School news - nothing major. I've got a couple (possibly a few if one of my kids ends up qualifying for services) IEPs due soon (early December) so will start focusing on writing those. Other than that, Macbeth is going well. Most of the kids seem to be into it. Some are just clueless. I'll look forward to the end of the semester so I can start on something new.
Heard from Trippy yesterday. Susan's surgery (ankle) went well. It took a shorter amount of time than they expected so that's good. Maybe that means her recovery will be shorter as well. She isn't allowed to put ANY weight on it for 2 weeks at least and I believe she's not allowed to drive for something like 10 weeks. UGH! Jim dropped off several frozen meals and a gift card for them after work last night so hopefully that will ease their stress.
And that's about all I've got. It's currently 30 degrees here...brrrrr...and is only going to get about 5 degrees warmer. Can't wait for another fire tonight.
Happy Thursday...best be off...one more day! Later!

3 comments:
2818What was wrong with her ankle? When I had mine replaced I was no weight bearing for 2 months!!! Ugly.
She broke her ankle over the summer and it didn't heal correctly. They had to go in and move the bone (I may have part of this wrong) and reattach tendons.
UGHH! Wish her the best for me.
Post a Comment