Friday, October 24, 2014

One Goes Up Another Down

Don't you love it when you get you're electric bill and its gone down by $30!?  Woot!  That makes up for my TWC bill...a little bit.  Problem with my energy bill is I'm on even billing so the price I just got will be good for 3 months and then who knows.  I will say, however, that the current bill is the lowest its been in probably 5 years. New windows or unseasonably warm October?  No one here is complaining.

In regard to my meal last night,  the flavor was delicious for sure but I won't do the meatballs again.  They fell apart so next time I'll make small, flat patties.  It all gets churned up in your mouth anyway. Jimmy loved it and kept trying to pick at it after he had had his allotment.  Bad Jim!

Got a call from my Uncle Stan last night although he called at 8:30 and I was already in bed so he left a message (I didn't hear my cell ring or I would have answered). Apparently they think we're headed up to PIB today. We're going NEXT weekend - for Halloween.  I sure hope this isn't a major snafu and that the cottage wasn't given away to someone else for the weekend.  Aunt Muir and I had texted back and forth about time this month...I originally had asked for last weekend but Megan had the house.  So then I said this weekend but had to switch to next when we didn't have a dog sitter.  I'm hoping that with all the kids in the family and trick-or-treaters, no one would want to be up there for the holiday. Fingers crossed.  I already sent a text to confirm.

Lets see...weekend plans: Jim and I are going to try and get the log splitter tomorrow and do a marathon splitting session. I'm thinking we'll haul a bunch of wood that the neighbor has and can't use and split until it's time to take the splitter back to the rental place and then Sunday we'll just stack.  I don't want to split both Saturday and Sunday so hopefully we can kick ass and get lots done during the time we have it.  I'll have to keep Jim on track, however, as he likes to get distracted with neighbors etc.

Okay well how happy am I that it's Fibay!?  Oh, speaking of stupid ways kids spell, I had a student (same student who did Janroy, Farybary, Moich, Apil...) who wrote a paragraph for Lisa on what she wants to be when she grows up...hilarious.  First of all, I couldn't read most of it since she can't spell worth a shit but she wants to be a nurse. She used to want to be a shark diver and I'm not sure this is a step up...definitely a step in the wrong direction for any patient she might ever have. She kept writing about the gob she would want to get and the nowlige she would need.  She seems to have no inkling of what college is about...she just thinks it's a place that will help her find a gob. How do you tell a kid that they will NEVER make it to college?  It gets a little tiring having to kill so many dreams.

Okay - NOW I'm done.  Happy Friday!  Later!

No comments: