It is NASTY out! It is pouring, not just cats and dogs but cougars and hyenas! I haven't seen any yet but there are supposedly flashes of lightening in the tri-state area! Yowza. A good day for putting up the tree and hunkering down with a good book (Anna Karenina is proving to be just that) and chillin'. Poor Sami, however, may not get her 2 miles in, which means Muir won't get in her two miles. I've walked two miles every day since Nov. 16th...that's pretty good. If there's a break in this crap, I'll head out. I'll walk in the rain but not in lightening. You know God is just looking for an opportunity with me and I can't give it to Him so easily...he's going to have to work for it (knock on wood).
So yesterday was productive. Jim cleaned. I shopped (grocery). We got our tree AND!!! We got a new grill. Bonus too, we bought Lowes gift cards at Kroger before purchasing said tree and grill...quadruple points until December 7th. We also spent some quality time with our local bartender at Shooters. Got some much needed MegaTouch time in as well.
And as I'm sure you expected there was a bit of drama with the grill. Really, anytime Jim is involved in putting something together, there's bound to be drama. So, here's the story: We got our grill. I knew what I wanted and bing bang boom, in no time at all we had bought and loaded it into the car. On the way home, I told Jim, "There will be some assembly required here and I'M IN CHARGE! You are just my bitch! If I need you to hold something or help in that capacity, you are at my beck and call. That's it!" Jim was in agreement. (I should always be suspicious of him when he agrees so readily...from here on out, I know). So we get home and Jim immediately starts trying to take over. I said, "Um, why don't you go get a Philips screwdriver." Of course he comes out with a Philips, a flat head, his drill and a socket wrench. Me: "We don't need all that." But Jim doesn't listen. So there were a couple of minor tiffs in the beginning and I kept reminding him, "Just do what I ask." And then we get to the part where the wheels are put on...I haven't even finished reading the instructions and he's already using the socket wrench to tighten the nut. And what do you know, as I'm saying, "You don't need to tighten it so..." SNAP! He snaps the damn thing in half! He broke my F*%KING GRILL! Can you imagine how pissed I was?! After a dressing down (he's lucky I didn't smack him upside the head, kick him in the nut and elbow him in the larynx) Jim slunked off the deck, with his tail between his legs and his head down. Why does he have to ALWAYS try and take over. He thinks I'm a complete F%*KING MORON! I wanted to do the damn thing because every time he does a job like that, he ends up cursing up a storm and getting all bent out of shape. I should have known he'd manage to do that to me! In the end, we managed to rig the wheel and our grill is AWESOME! And Jim didn't get kicked out but it was close.
So that's all I've got. Dinner tonight will be Cincinnati Chicken Chili...yum! Bengals at 4PM...three IEPs this week...all written. And...I'm out...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment