Thursday, December 13, 2012

Awoke With A Sick Feeling

Sick as in scary...not ill.  I had a horrible dream.  Well, I should recant that...I had a dream on the verge of being horrible.  So there I am with Maggie (that's not the horrible, just to clarify), at the mall (again horrible but not what woke me up).  We had just gone in and I realized I had some coupons that I forgot in my car.  So I headed back out to grab them.  As I walked outside, I realized it was starting to pour...for some reason I had a blanket with me so I covered myself with it and ran to my car, which was located on the top deck of a parking garage.  I went to the passenger side of the car, opened the door and grabbed my coupons.  I was just starting to shut the door when I realized the car window was down. And then I heard a male voice say, "Hi".  I turned to the car next to me thinking it was coming from there but it wasn't.  And I turned back around to face my car and there was a man, in my car with my keys...scootching over from the drivers side reaching our for me.  Needless to say I started running and as I ran, I had this horrible feeling spread through my body...a chill of a sort...and it woke me up...it wasn't in my dream.  It was a seriously horrible feeling of dread and maybe adrenalin. So scary.  It took me about 5 minutes to really get my mind and body feeling normal again.  Thank God I fell back to sleep and not back into the dream.  UGH!

In other news:  My meeting for Blondie went fine yesterday.  She did end up attending and it wasn't a big deal but hearing all that crap about herself (she is seriously and anxiety-ridden, mental mess) can't be easy.  Her mother did sort of start in about "certain teachers" not supporting Blondie in a career of her choice and I immediately jumped on her little sneaky comment. (She didn't say it referring directly to me but we all knew she was talking to me.)  I told her simply that it's my job as a teacher to make sure students have all the facts when they are contemplating jobs...understanding what they mean.  I explained that considering Blondie has stated several times she NEVER plans on going to college, being a massage therapist may be more than she can handle.  I stated I never discouraged her but rather tried to inform her of what the preparation would be for such a position (anatomy, physiology, pathology, business courses etc.) and that it isn't just giving a good back rub.  Mom said, "Well, I know that she can do this if she really wants to because we'll be there with her the whole time." I said, "That's great but you can't take the test for her."  Mom, "She can take it 10 times if that's what it takes."  Me, "You're right, she could," and in my mind I'm saying - yeah, that won't frustrate her or anything...God forbid she choose something realistic where she can find success.  But whatever.  After the meeting our school psyche said to me that I handled that really well and most sped teachers don't have the balls to lay it on the line for parents.  I wasn't rude nor disrespectful by the way.

Okay well today will be busy, busy, busy.  I have a 9 AM IEP (I don't know if the parent will show...she's very sick - going through chemotherapy).  After school I need to go to the library, bank and grocery.  I have to cook dinner, make French cake batter and pack.  Can't wait to be at Maggie's!  Can't wait to see EVA!!!

K - I'm out...let's get this day STARTED!!!  Later

No comments: