Saturday, March 17, 2012

Prepare Yourselves - UPDATED!!!

Sorry I'm so late in posting...I had to clean my house, walk my bad dog (Sami...more of that in a minute), shower, grocery shop and finally - here I am.  By the way - I'm giving fair warning to prepare yourselves for a picture sure to give you the shivers.  I'll post it last so you have time to muster up the courage to look.

So I finally got some new pics from Maggie of that sweet girl we all know and love - EVA!!!

Getting ready to watch some March Madness and cheer on UC and Xavier...We're #1!  We're #1!!!

And here she is watching TV - notice the delicious wine in the background.  When Maggie sent this to me at school yesterday - I didn't know at first that it was a picture of Eva...I thought Maggie was just sending me a pic of alcohol to get me excited for my Friday night (of course I'm kidding!)

I stole this pic off my mom's blog...how cute is she with her ball!?  Her hair is getting so long!

And finally - as promised (and yes, I got permission from Dad):  Here is his wound from his battle with the kitchen counter.  27 staples (I think...I can't look long enough to count them).  I saw the scar last weekend and you can barely tell there was ever an issue there.  Pretty amazing.  If he ever does something like this again, by the way - I'll give him a wound that will definitely leave a scar...and some ringing ears.

Okay well, that's all I've got.  Oh, right - Sami...and why she's a bad dog.  Well, she attacked Bubba again yesterday.  It's been a long time since she's done this - probably over a year but I guess spring fever may have gotten the better of her.  I don't know what set her off and I wasn't home but I guess when Jim heard the ruckus and went to break it up, Bubba was actually defending himself.  He found them both going at each other on their hind legs. That's a first...usually he just lays on the ground howling and letting Sami go at him.  This time, he barely had a mark (she nipped his ear a bit) and I'm sure it has every thing to do with him saying, "Oh HELL NO!!!  I've had it with you, you big bully!"  I guess you can take the little girl out of Kentucky but you can't take the Kentucky out of the little girl. Hee hee.  I guess this is just one of the drawbacks of getting a dog when their grown, a stray and you have no idea what they went through before you got them.  I mean, she knows that Bubba would never hurt her, she knows she has the best home and that we love her but every now and then, she just loses her mind.  What to do?  Just gotta keep loving her!

Okay well that's it.  Headed to Greenie's for some golf, beer and J.J. time.  Later!

UPDATE!!!  Here's a link to Mom's blog where there is a video of sweet Eva!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great in the entertainment department. Eva is starting to show so much personality! But oHHHH that picture of brother Jim is way awesome. I did not realize it was soooo long Thank the Lord that he has a full head of hair and it won't show the scar. John and I went wine tasing to Napa yesterday which was GREAT- me on my knee roller and everyone trying not to stare! Count down - 12 more days of the cast. Love and hugs