I'm not looking forward to tonight's Academic Fair. I'll be at school until regular time, come home to let the dogs out and fluff up a bit before going back to school. I'll also have to pick something up on the way back for dinner...not sure what...maybe Subway, I'll try for something healthy - we'll see. They are serving Olive Garden at school for the staff but we all know that isn't healthy. I'm not one to get all on some crazy kick where I never indulge but truly, I want to stay in the habit of indulging during the weekend rather than the week. 'Cause you know, first it will be Olive Garden on a Thursday and next thing, wine on Monday, wine on Tuesday, wine on Wednesday and so on. My God I sound like an alchy (spelling). By the way - have I mentioned lately that I miss wine? I do. And I'm pretty sure it misses me.
Anyway - I went off on an tangent there - back to school. We have to be there at 5PM but the "fair" doesn't start until about 6:30 (teachers have to report at their tables at 6:10). Then we sit there until 8PM but because this counts as a P/T conference and we have to give 3 1/2 hours, we're required to sit around in our rooms until 8:30. Which means I won't be home until 9PM. That is TOO LATE! I'm an hour to sleep by then normally. And I don't think this happened last year. I just don't know why our time can't be from 4-7:30. I think I'll bitch about it but who to bitch to and who cares about me? No one! Oh, and I think I mentioned that last year they stuck the "Special Services" table at the far end of the commons area WAYYYYY far away from everyone else? This year? They've stuck us in a room - closed off from everyone...where no one has to look at the "special" kids/teachers/parents. So wrong! FW (department head) is going to "demand" that we be with everyone else. Have I mentioned lately that my administrators are complete morons? Not recently? Well, let that little tidbit above be a little reminder.
Now in recipe news - my Blue Cheese Chicken Bourgers were REALLY GOOD! If anyone is interested in the recipe (Maggie can get it off WW) let me know and I'll post.
So that's it...it's warm as shit here - 60 degrees at 5:59 in the AM. It's going to be a HOT summer. Lots of time at the pool.
K - I'm out...later!

No comments:
Post a Comment