Friday, October 29, 2010

Finally! It's Frankenstein Friday!!!

Hee hee.  You must walk like Frankenstein today, wherever you are.

So I don't have a lot of time here (I think I say that just about every morning and then still end up writing a normal post)...must get to work, write an IEP, get an ACT registration form filled out and to the guidance counselor, get IEPs in the mail, and prepare for next week - including getting Lily's work for next week gathered.  Ugh!  Good thing it's movie day in class.

So, after a terrible week with Pinocchio, my VP has finally decided to try and figure out an alternate placement for him.  By the way, he was sent to the office again yesterday...Kim's doing, not mine.  Although I would have done the same thing, had I been there.  If you will recall, I was in OGTs (monitoring) and when Pinocchio entered my room, he had a pop.  Kim told him to put it on the back table and he could have it when he left for lunch.  He threw it across the room and under the table.  Kim said, "Well, looks like now you can't have it for lunch." (I can just hear her saying this too, all calm and without even batting an eyelash or raising her voice.)  So then Pinocchio says, "I didn't want the
f%&king pop anyway."  And we're batting a thousand!  To the office he went.  So that made a total of 4 office visits this week (2 from me; 1 from his Health teacher and 1 from Kim).  My VP made his mother pick him up yesterday.  He now has a 2% in my LA class and a 44% in history. 

Later in the day, I hear that my VP is going to check out placing Pinocchio into the nearby school for behaviorally challenged kids.  We apparently (our district) have 4 seats there and are only using 2.  Each seat costs about $17,000.  Sounds like the perfect place for my little trouble maker.  We'll see though.  On Monday, I'll have a meeting with my VP and sped supervisor to discuss Pinocchio and see if the school is an option.  I'm collecting info and I've got lots of data to back up the behavior.  Ugh...what a pain in my ass.  At least we're off next Tuesday though.

Okay, I'm going to go finish getting ready.  Later!  White Chicken Chili for supper tonight!

No comments: