Ugh. I woke up with the worst bloody nose I've ever had. Jim thinks its because Bubba's farts have scorched the lining of my nose...he may be right. Bubba has been so gassy lately (must be the prednisone) - he's nearly cleared rooms, I'm tellin' ya. Anyway - I woke up with my nose bleeding, I'm all stuffy, my eyes are watering and my throat feels a tinge of soreness to it. (It might be malaria after working in the yard yesterday...what are symptoms for malaria?) I'm going to load up on liquids and meds today because I DO NOT want to be illin'!
In fence news we managed to get the sections of fence complete yesterday that needed replacement (well, all the old stuff needs replacement but it's expensive - about $300 for 6 sections worth of fence). We replaced 5 sections yesterday though Jim bought enough wood for 6. I didn't think it would take that long, a couple hours. Well, 4 1/2 hours later and we had completed the job. I had a few nicks and cuts and bruises and skeeter bites out the wazoo but alas, it's done. The process was laborious. First we had to collect all the tools we needed down in the yard. We had to unload all the wood that Jim bought too (about 90 slats and then 18 cross pieces). Then we had to remove the old fence. Next, we had to clear out all the shit behind the fence so we could work. We cut down about 5 honeysuckle bushes that were about 7 feet tall and a dead tree. After that, we had to haul all the old fencing out of the way. We were then ready to measure and cut the wood supports that lay across each section. Three pieces for each section. That took the longest amount of time. At one point, Jim hit the fatigue wall and was stumbling around like a drunk. I just had to have complete patience (which I managed to do without kicking him and cussing him out) and hand him tools while making sure he didn't cut his hands off. Once he got past that stage, we were in the final stretches of placing and screwing in the slats. We worked like clockwork really - Jim drilled the screws and I placed the slats. Surprisingly, we do work well together.
Uh, oh!!! Bubba just came in to hang with his Momma and he's already stinkin' up the room. Damn Bubba!!!
I'd post a picture - of the fence - but because the wood isn't seasoned it looks weird cause it's a different color than everything else. Come spring, we'll have all replaced (except what's behind the massive wood pile), it will have seasoned and we'll treat/stain it. THEN I'll take a picture.
Okay, well, that's all I've got...I'm going to go make breakfast. Later!


1 comment:
Ok, just catching up on your post and laughing my arse off.(I wish) I could see Jim out there staggering around. Tell the boys I love them but tell Sami she knows how I feel about her, especially after her song to me at work. Love, Love, Loved it!!
Post a Comment