Friday, September 05, 2008

A Show of Hands...

...for those of you sick of hearing about my oven. Well, I am certainly sick of talking about it much less having to deal with it.

Well, I got home yesterday and took everything apart. I made sure all connections were secure, put it back together and "VOILA", the up arrow, temp adjuster still didn't work. So Jim (who had gotten home early) thought we should try swapping out the new piece for the old piece (the front panel). After doing that, nothing worked except it did light up and show the time. We then had to put everything new back on so I could at least use the oven at 350. Jim then called the place where he had purchased the panel and re-ordered. Long story short, they're sending us a new piece which we have to pay for initially but within 2 weeks, we will get reimbursed. It's kind of crazy. I'm not freaking out about any of this but I wish it would just be done.

On the school front, things are fine. My IEP's went well yesterday and at the first meeting (with the parent who works for the district), don't you know that everyone who was supposed to attend did? Of course, they didn't get a sub for the regular educator and he had to leave to get to first period but whatever, I'll just be documenting all this.

I have one meeting today, ironically with another mother who works for the district. No big deal though it will be interesting to see who shows. Other than that, I'm just glad it's Friday and the heat has broken. I have no real plans this weekend except that I need to get to Costco. However, don't you know that I just received coupons in the mail for there and none of them are any good until Sept. 11th? I'll probably just get dog food this weekend and do a big shop there next.

Okay, that's all I've got. Better go finish my facial preparations. Later

No comments: