Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Box is Broken!!!

Not THAT box!!! Get your minds out of the gutter. The cable box in my bedroom. Sheesh!

So, Jim and I are in bed last night, quietly watching Empire Strikes Back - the best part too - you know, when Luke is all lost in the middle of that freezing planet? But of course, the TV keeps blinking in and out with all kinds of distortion. And then of course, we both accidentally push the guide button, which you can't do because it totally effs up the whole system. So I get fed up, jump out of bed and grab the phone. Long story short, our box is old and needs replacement. The really effed up thing is they have to schedule an appointment to have some tech come out and hook it all up. Okay, I would understand that if I were mechanically retarded but I'm not. Just give me the damn new box and I'll hook it up. Don't tell me that you'll be here somewhere between 3:30-6:00. It upsets my dogs too who want to tear this persons head off - or at least that's what they act like when anyone rings the doorbell. Anyway, the tech is also supposed to check our signal to make sure it isn't too strong or that it's strong enough. I tell you though, this better fix the problem or else...I'll...do nothing=(

Oh, and one funny thing while I was on the phone with "Michael" from Time Warner: He's trying to figure out what's going on with our systems (we have 3 cable boxes set up for 3 TV's) and he asks me, "Are your cable hook ups in different rooms?" Me: "Um, no, I have all three TV's in the same room. I watch a lot of TV." He laughed. I laughed. Good times!

OKAY - I have to interrupt my what I was going to say right now because guess what? Yeah, that's right! Jim is upsetting my routine. Seriously. Anymore, I don't want him awake when I'm up in the morning because if he isn't on the computer when I need it, he's letting the dogs out and then leaving to take a shower or poop and then they go berserk outside because some unseen animal is up a tree and they want to make sure every neighbor in a 10-mile radius is aware of it!!! ARGGGGGG!!!! Not to mention that I forgot to set the alarm last night! Jim's in trouble. And who gets punished? Yeah, the dog. Poor Zeke doesn't get his carrot. Jim's the one who shouldn't get his treat. He's a bad dog!

Okay, I have to get to work and make copies. Yippee!!! I have one IEP today, one tomorrow and one on Friday. That will conclude my "meetings" I do have one other but the parent can't be there so I'll probably meet with the kid, send it home. K - later.

1 comment:

maggie said...

My god Jim when will you learn to stay out of the crazy beeyotch's way.