Monday, September 29, 2008

5:34 AM and I'm Running Late

This will be short because I'm running a few minutes behind - and we all know how much I hate being off schedule - because I had to watch the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler opening from SNL. Of course it was Katie Couric interviewing Sarah Palin. Hilarious, especially the end. Check it out if you didn't see it live.

Okay, so not much going on. It's Monday which means lots of paperwork today and emails to parents. I've been showing the kids - once a week - an episode from PBS's Frontier House and today is episode 4. If you aren't aware of what it is, about 5 or 6 years ago, 3 families were chosen to live, on the "frontier" for 4 months in order to experience what life was like back then. It's a good pairing with what I've been teaching, the kids love it and it gives them a break from all the "note taking" we normally do. It also gives me catch-up time on Monday's to get all the crap I have to do, done.

Other than that, I have no excitement in my life. This weekend should be calm and there shouldn't be any crap thrown at me at school, though we all know that could change on a dime. I have no idea what I'm going to do for dinner since I didn't do my weekly shop but I'll figure it out today. I think Jim needs a pasta-less week so maybe, Chicken Marsala tonight. Mmm...

K - better head. Later.

No comments: