Saturday, March 01, 2008

My New Toy

So my plan this weekend was to chill out buy a new toy. In order to do this, I needed to get all my "jobs" done early so that I could sit on my arse without guilt - knowing that my shopping was done and my house was clean. I had a plan to go to Dick's Sporting Goods and get a new recumbent bike. It is now 3:52 and aside from cooking dinner tonight, I have accomplished all I had planned on doing, including purchasing and using my new exercise bike.
So I woke up this morning at about 7:00 and had my coffee. Jim got up at the same time and together we figured out a menu for the week and made a grocery list. I was out the door and on my way to Kroger by 8:15 while Jim cleaned the house. I was home by 9:30 and after showering Jim and I were off to Dick's and then Costco. We were able to get the exact bike we were looking for which was a bonus since I figured, like all things, my plan would be foiled. Then we went to Costco where people were crazy and the place was packed, however, we were able to get in and get out without me having to punch too many people in the temple!

After Jim and I got home, ate lunch and loved on the dogs for a few minutes, we went up, rearranged my dressing room and put together the bike. Without a fight! I then took it for my first ride and I could feel the pounds falling off! Yeah!!! I'm now exhausted and will be heading over to the couch where I will lay down and fall into the spell of Harry Potter! Later!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks awesome! I need one like that so my arse will stop swallowing the seat on my old-fashioned exercise bike. :-)

Kim said...

I love the new bike! It looks like the kind I use at ideal fitness after I walk on the treadmill. It hurts my knees sometimes