Monday, March 24, 2008

Muir Has Lost All Table Manners

So today, I went to the dentist because - unfortunately, I had two (TWO!!!) small cavities that had to be dealt with. My whole body is falling apart! Well, okay, just my teeth and my shoulder but still. Anyway, my doctor likes to Novocaine the crap out of me and to make matters even more crazy-numb, he had to shoot me up today on both my upper right and lower right jaw. My appointment was at 1:30 and I tried to wait to have dinner as long as possible to let my numbing go away so that I wouldn't chew my cheek off but by 5:45, Jim was starving so I decided to put him out his misery. Who knew we'd both nearly choke from laughter before we ever completed our meal. See, every time I took a drink of my milk, I'd shoot a stream of it across the table. It was freaking hilarious. I apologized profusely to Jim the first time it happened. When I took my next drink I made sure to keep the milk on the left side of my mouth to avoid such a display. However, the next time I took a drink, I forgot that I was numb and - whoops - milk came shooting out. I managed to do it one more time - again apologizing to Jim for my uncouth table manners but he said, "Don't apologize! It's hilarious." Maybe tomorrow I'll shoot milk out of my nose.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Between you and Kim, you guys are pretty numbed up!! I don't know if they'll have to numb me on Thursday when I get my crown, but if they do, I'll make sure I don't drink any milk until it wears off. :-)