Sunday, April 29, 2007

Vibrators, Lubricants and Toys Galore

I tell you, last night was quite the experience. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while - all while feeling up every type of vibrator you can image.

So, the Pure Romance party last night included 8 women - mostly that work with Susan (sister-in-law). Not kidding, the consultant who did the "showing" had over $10,000 worth of stock with her - crazy. Anyway, after about a 1/2 hour of snacking and talking, we all moved into the family room for Part I of the showing: Lubes, oils, powders, sprays etc. On the coffee table in front of us were two books to peruse at our leisure ("Tickle his Pickle" and "Sex Positions" - nearly in full color pictures - not sketches, including a chapter on "multiple partners"). We started the showing with an alphabet game: The rep would say a letter and you would have to come up with a dirty word that started with that letter. For example: F - fellatio. I won that game.) We then moved onto tasting and smelling the different samples. My favorites were "Sensations" which is a lubricant that heats and cools with the air. I purchased the "hot buttered rum" flavor. Another favorite was the Hot Heart Massage. It's a heart shaped heat pack. It's really cool. I was tempted to buy "Coochy" as well (a rash-free conditioning shave cream) but I was already spending more money that I should have. Lickity Stiff was interesting too. Tasted good.

We took a break after this, got some alcohol in us to prepare/numb us for the next portion of the party: sex toys. I tell you, I have never handled so many varieties of toys in my life. Hilarious. Some of the toys were quite scary like "My Boo" which resembles a Ghostbuster character or the King Tut" which actually resembles an Egyptian. I just can't imagine "playing " with these things staring at me (or in me!!!). My favorite, however, was Ice Ice Baby (pictured). Here is the description: "Stop, collaborate and listen! This kind of ice will make your body glisten! This baby’s rotating pearls and vibrating clitoral stimulator will make you shiver! Should be used with a water-based lubricant for added satisfaction, comfort, and safety." Though I didn't get this, I was tempted but I thought, if I'm going to leave here with a toy, I should get something that Jim can enjoy too. (sorry girls - I know your innocent eyes/ears are burning). I'll leave it at that and you can let your minds wander.


Anyway, I highly recommend going to one of these parties if you ever get a chance. It isn't all sex stuff - much of it can be used as lotions etc. If you're willing, however, and have an open mind, there is definitely something for everyone!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Of course you won that game. I would have loved to have been a little mouse. I have been to a "fun" party and I laughed my butt of. Especially when all the women had to get together in a circle and pass a dildo that was about 16" long to each othewr using only our knees to catch and hold it. Hee Hee!