It's Opening Day today - the beginning of my favorite time of year. Actually, I probably say that at the beginning of every season so let me clarify: Baseball Season!!!
The Reds open today against the Chicago Cubs with Aaron Harang as our starting pitcher (nervous!!!), who, by the way looks like Beaker from the Muppets (did you say that once Maggie? I think someone did - I don't think that came out of my head).
And...Lou Piniella is the new Cubs manager. I like Lou but he is now the enemy.
And...Lou Piniella is the new Cubs manager. I like Lou but he is now the enemy. Anyway, the game begins at 2:10 and I will be at school. Trip had extra tickets which he offered to Jim and me but, alas, I'm a dedicated teacher (stupid effin kids who need to get educated) and didn't feel I could call in. It's going to be beautiful today too: High in the mid-70s with sunny skies. Oh well, I can look out the window, right? (Onto the roof of the school gymnasium where all the gutters are piped through - pretty).
So, I'm off. Need to get to school to figure out what the hell I'm doing today - Maybe I'll just show videos the rest of the week so I won't have to teach. NO, I'm kidding. I'm actually finishing up World War II in social studies - Wednesday and Thursday are dedicated to the Holocaust. In English, I'm reading "And Then There Were None" (by Agatha Christie) with the kids. Easy!
More Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment