Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maggie's Effed-Up Flight Update

So I've been on the phone with Maggie about 10 times already today. Why you ask? Because Delta can't seem to get their s$%t airline together. My first phone call from Mags was to ask a code for her flight as she approached the airport - her flight was set for 7 AM pacific time. Then, I got a call to say that she was delayed an hour. Then she called back about 10 minutes later to say that it would be a 9:30 flight. She then called back to say that they were delaying until noon. At this point I said, "K - I'll probably be seeing you tomorrow" then I said "F&%K!!! Delta sucks!!!"

So the phone rings 5 minutes later - Maggie - I answered and said "What now?" Apparently, planes go through a series of tests before they are okayed for a flight. Well, Maggie's plane failed it's test. Some piece of the heating element was on the blink so they were flying the part into LAX which would be about an hour and then they had to install it. Um...I guess I really won't see Maggie until tomorrow. Had it been me there at the airport - waiting to see my beloved sister - I would have been crying my eyes out with frustration. But Maggie was holding her head high and just waiting. Thank God it was a straight flight and she wouldn't miss any connections. I can't believe that an airline like Delta can't get another plane cause I know I wouldn't want to get on some defective plane.

So the phone rings 5 minutes later and Maggie says they got another plane and will be taking off at 10AM and so getting into CVG at 5PM. Christ Almighty!!! They should give her a free voucher for mental distress - or they should be giving me a free voucher for mental distress.

Stupid bankrupt airlines!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yea!! Maggie should be here soon! I hope you guys have a lot of fun and a great weekend before the next six weeks of hell at school!! Enjoy!! Have a drink (or two) for me.