So, there's this tree in my neighborhood - I call it tree 1,000,043. It's on my route when I take the dogs for a walk. And no, I don't know what brand of tree it is because aside from oaks (the acorns) and ginkos (the smell) and tulip trees (the shape of the leaves) and maples (the shape of the leaves), I'm clueless. Wow, maybe I'm not as clueless as I thought. So anyway, this tree has gone through a lot of turmoil of late - the ice storm did a number on it and it hasn't even started to sprout leaves yet. I think because there are many parts of the tree which seem to be dying, it attracts a ton of woodpeckers - hmm, maybe it's just the same woodpecker that I keep seeing (I just typed woodpetter). So today, I was walking by with Sami and there it is - in the same spot I see it in everyday and its hammering away and I thought: "Good God Almighty!!! I would hate to be a woodpecker. Wouldn't you think woodpeckers would have a constant headache?"

1 comment:
We have a lot of woodpeckers near our cottage. What's really funny is when they try to peck the aluminum boat. I mean, have they ever seen a silver tree before?? Dumb woodpeckers!! But at least it's great entertainment.
Post a Comment