Thursday, July 09, 2026

Swimming In Soup

That's what it felt like walking Scout and Boo this morning. I can take the heat but the humidity wears me out, which is why I'm a little late in my post. I wanted to get the boys walked before it got too uncomfortably thick out there. 

I have to say that walking Boo gives me a little anxiety. I worry constantly that we'll encounter other dogs out there and/or a neighbor dog will be out. There's a house up the street that has two dogs on an invisible fence and these dogs are assholes. When they see me coming with a pup, they'll run out front and bark their heads off. Their line is SOOOOO close to the street too and I know one of these days, one of them is going to break it. I've been told it's happened before. It better not with me or there will be some trouble! 

Another house up the street has two German shepherds which supposedly have an invisible fence but I don't believe that. Too often these dogs (well, mostly the black shepherd) is found wandering around. Yesterday, as I walked by, the lady of the house left for work. As I walked by, I saw their garage was open as was their front door but no one was around. As I came back with Boo, the front door was still open. I switched out the dogs and leaving with Scout, the door continued to stand open. I was just waiting for one or both of the shepherds to come barreling out. By the time I got home with Scout, it was finally closed. Is it no wonder that walking Boo freaks me out sometimes? 

Plans for the day: I'm going to make my menu for the rest of the week after I do this. (Tonight we're having meatball hoagies and I think I'll do a summer salad with corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta.) Then I'll do some yoga, get ready and head out. I'm going to run a sample of my spa water up to our local pool place to make sure all is balanced then head to Aldi. Beyond that I don't have real plans. I wish it were nicer so I could lay out but I don't think that's going to happen. 

Oh, I ended up going and getting my hair cut yesterday. I got about 2 inches taken off and then had her add some long layers. I know I always wear my hair up but still, it looks so much lighter and bouncier and feels really good. Loves me a haircut. 

I finished watching The Bear yesterday. I'm so sad that series is over but I liked how it ended. What am I going to watch next?! 

I'm reading two really good books right now: The Correspondent by Virginia Evans and Theo of Golden by Allen Levi. Highly recommend though I haven't finished either yet. 

Okay, time to get my menu and grocery list done and then do yoga. Happy Thursday. Later!

No comments: