Wednesday, June 24, 2026

No Complaints

In regard to the weather, I have no complaints. I mean, it's nearly July and the fact that the temps haven't gotten out of the 80s is heaven to me. Of course that all changes starting tomorrow with a round of storms and rain to bring in the humidity and temps in the 90s for next week. Starting next Wednesday, however, I'll be in PIB where it will also be hot but not as oppressive as I'm sure it will be here. Plus, heat and humidity hit differently on the island. Fingers crossed we have a good steady breeze. 

And I'm sure you know that just because I titled my post "No complaints" doesn't mean I have no complaint AT ALL. That was just in regard to the weather. What do I have to complain about? What else...school. Found out yesterday that my inept admin (let's call her Lily...if you know, you know) was put on administrative leave which is such BULLSHIT!!! What kind of punishment is putting an admin on paid leave during the summer?! That's a fucking reward. First of all, she failed at her job. She was supposed to do teacher evaluations but skipped out completing many of them and then lied on paper about what she'd "observed". She was also reported to have had an inappropriate relationship with a teacher while on campus. Additionally, it was reported she LEFT campus during school hours to meet up with said teacher. (For a little tryst? Maybe...that's the rumor.) I'm hoping that they are just getting their ducks in a row in order to let her go but I won't count on that. I'm sure she has enough dirt on other admins to pitch a fit and if she has a lawyer, the power that be will back off as they've done historically. 

The thing that really gets my goat is she was put in a position this past year that had everyone scratching their head. Although she was still a VP at the high school, her title changed so that she was in charge of "teaching and learning". And yet, there was no set job description nor did anyone know what her responsibilities were. I can't tell you how many times people went by her office to find her door closed with a sign that said "Out of office" or "In a meeting".  The number of times she went back and forth to the junior high to see her girlfriend? Dozens and dozens...at least 2 times per day (for the days she was even at school). Annoying. Hopefully, the powers that be are going to finally end this shit. 

You'll be happy to hear that my tuna noodle casserole was a hit. I'm not sure what I'm doing for dinner tonight. We might have too many leftovers for me to make something else but we'll see. I might do a "Key West grilled chicken" with rice and broccoli. We'll see how I feel. 

Yesterday was a completely lovely day. Along with my dog walk, I did an ab and arm workout and then took a bike ride (went 7.25 miles and my butt didn't fall off). I then enjoyed my spa for a couple hours and cuddled with by boys until it was time to get dinner going. Jim came home from work and we sat on the deck with Doug and Lauren for a drink before eating. Jim was wiped out so after dinner, he went to bed and I went back out to hang with a couple other neighbors for a drink. I was in bed before 9:00. 

Today after I finish my animal responsibilities (Jimmy had to be at work at 6:00 so didn't walk Boo) I'll shower and head to Watson's. I have a gift card and need to get chemicals. Other than that, I've got no other plans. Ah summer.

Okay, time to get a move on. Happy (WTF day is it?) Wednesday. Later!

No comments: