Jimmy update: He's feeling good though he still has a bit of pain. I would imagine that today will be the last day he takes his pain killer. Yesterday he slept most of the day but he did get a shower in and he unloaded the dishwasher. I'll take it. My goal for him is that by Monday (or sooner?) he'll be able to get out with Boo to give him a little walk around the circle at least. The doc said walking as fine but no cardio. I said, "Does it look like my husband does cardio?" Just kidding, I didn't say that.
The slow and steady also references to my weight loss. I've now lost 13 pounds and I'll take it. I'd still like to lose a bit more but I'm happy with where I am right now. I just want to be able to get into all my pants. I can get into a few of the smaller sizes but not all of them. I'll keep at it and probably be where I want to be in about 6 weeks. We'll see. From there, I'm not sure what I'll do. Do I stay on the GLP and just take a maintenance dose? We'll see.
The ICE protest at school happened but it was pretty tame. Originally, when the walk out was occurring there were about 50 or 60 kids headed out. However, I think many of them got nervous seeing the police presence there (we had sheriffs on campus because of a threat some dipshit made) and turned around. It ended up being about 25 kids on the corner by school waving signs and protesting. From all I heard, they were respectful but of course haters and pot stirrers made false claims about them flipping off cars and yelling profanities. Neighbors who live there said that didn't happen though and the daughter of one of my lunch ladies was out and concurred. Oh, and the consequence for walking out is an hour Friday night school. I think that's worth it. And by the way, the kids who I know were a part of this weren't doing it to get out of class as many people claimed. These were "good" kids who get good grades and are not the stupes that so many "adults" say they are. Good for them.Dinner: I'm going to do a prepared meal from Aldi tonight. Beef tips with mushrooms, mashers and probably broccoli.
And that's all I've got. I best head up and out. Happy Thursday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment