Working on a public computer (school) I'm required to occasionally change my password. I feel like it's once a year but recently, with the amount of phishing emails and compromises that have occurred, they're upping it to twice a year. So a week or so ago, an email came that this would be happening. Here's the sucky thing: It can't be a previous password which is a real pain in my ass. Added to that, the requirements for said password are getting more and more ridiculous. This last time it had to be: at least 14 characters with at least 2 capital letters, 2 numbers and 2 symbols. WTF! And it isn't that I can't remember it (although every morning when I go to work, I forget at first, enter my last password and then have to reenter it) but it's so long that and all over the keyboard that at some point in my 18 character password, a finger slips, hits a random nearby letter or number and I have to start all over again. It takes me 10 minutes just to sign on to my computer. (Of course that's an exaggeration but fuck!) Guess this is the world we live in now.
Aren't you glad I remembered that little story? I know you've been hoping I'd remember.
In other news, Jim is continuing to progress. I asked him last night when he'd think he'd be ready to walk Boo again and he said he'd try today. I did caution him and tell him that maybe just a few times around the circle. That way he's close to home if another dog comes into view and Boo loses his mind. We'll see if it works out. If not, I'll walk him no problem. It's been kind of good because I can definitely get 3 miles in when I have to walk both boys. Sometimes Scout just gets 2 or 2 1/2 on the weekdays. I'm just so tired. Getting old sucks.
Weekend plans: With Jim still recovering we'll be taking it easy. I would expect, however, that he might want to get out of the house at some point so maybe a quick lunch on Saturday or a little Megatouch at Shooters? It's been awhile. It's going to get colder again so we'll probably just sack out in front of the fireplace most of the weekend.
Dinner tonight: I pulled some soup from the freezer (beef barley) and I'll heat that up with some grilled cheeses.
And I guess that's about all that's happening here. Time to finish getting ready, tuck in the boys and head off to work. Happy Friday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment