Friday, July 11, 2025

Last Day

On the one hand, I'm sad that today is our last day but on the other, I can't wait to see my babies. Plus, I plan on coming back up next week. I'm also sad that Maggie's leaving me today but again, I think she'll be back up next week. 

Yesterday was a lovely day. It started with Maggie and I (mostly Maggie) making breakfast. After that the girls wanted to go out on the wave runner. I took them each (separately) on a ride around the island. It as really smooth and though we didn't catch any exciting waves I think they enjoyed it. 

After that, we headed to the pool which was much needed in this muggy, hot weather. We were there until about 3:00 and came home to rest, shower and get ready for dinner. We ended up going to The Crew's Nest because it was such a nice night and why wouldn't you want to eat outside and look at the lake. Our meal was good although the service was a little slow but that's okay. I need to be more patient anyway and what else did I have to do? 

Once home, we hunkered down for a bit to watch the Reds beat the Marlins and then Maggie and I went out to the seawall to watch the sunset for a bit. (Michigan stole it again.) I was in bed around 9:00, watched a show and finally closed my eyes around 10:00. 

Plans for the day: I've exercised and am currently sitting here with a mimosa. I'm sure some of my day will be laundry and getting the house ready/cleaned for Trip and Susan's arrival. Although, it's pretty clean so there isn't much to do. It's another gorgeous day so I might go to the pool for a bit though I don't know that Jim will be into that but I'm fine to go by myself. He likes hanging in the adult part though so maybe he'll throw me a bone. We have reservations to go to The Goat at 5:30. 

Tomorrow, as usual, we'll probably wake up early and catch a pretty early ferry. I'd like to be home by 2:00, latest but I'd bet we'll be home long before then. I can't wait to see my lovies though they probably don't miss me since they've had Diane loving on them all week. 

K - time to enjoy this day, sip my mimosa and maybe watch the Wimbledon men's semifinals
Wimbledon. Later!

No comments: