It shouldn't be too manic (Monday that is) with only a few things on my to-do list. I did my best to beat the heat and have already walked the dogs but there's no beating the humidity. It's awful and I'm soaked. Once I finish this, I'll go do some yoga to try and stretch my back out (more on that in a minute) then, depending on the time I'll either take a swim or go to the grocery (and take a swim after). I can't get to the grocery before 10:00 because the seafood department doesn't open before then (which is so stupid) and I need to get some crab cakes for dinner. After all that is accomplished, I'll be free to do whatever my heart desires. If it's nice, I'll lay out. If not, I'll hang and read my book.
Speaking of which, I'm reading the new Wally Lamb, The River Is Waiting. He's one of my favorite authors but his subject matter is never easy and this one is no exception. It follows a man to prison after his careless mistake causes an unimaginable tragedy. I won't give more than that away and I am liking it but I woke up last night thinking about it and then couldn't get back to sleep. Additionally, I'm listening to the second book in a series by John McMahon called The Evil Men Do. (I physically read the first one and really liked it and started to read this one but then the Wally Lamb came available and figured I'd switch out to the audiobook...it's really good.)The weekend was good. I got home Friday around noon and after unpacking I laid around. My back was really giving me fits and I didn't want to do anything. I made dinner and then Jim and I just hung out with the boys. Saturday we cleaned and I mowed the backyard before Terri and Marc came over around 2:00. We hot tubbed it for a bit (until the storm rolled in) then ate dinner (taco bowls) and they were on their way home around 8:00. It was a lovely visit and as usual, we made promises to do it more often. I've said it before, my friendship with Terri is so easy. No matter how long it's been, it's always like we were just together. God, I guess I've known her over 25 years. That's crazy!
Yesterday Jim and I chilled out, walked the dogs, before heading to Shooters for a bit. It's probably been over a month at least since I've been there. When we got home I decided to mow the front yard while Jim did some weeding. Dinner was pasta. I was in bed fairly early so I could read my book.
My back: I've been dealing with pain for a long time now but last week it sort of came to a head and I need to get it checked out. Of course I woke up today with virtually no pain. It's so frustrating because when that happens I think Okay, it's gone! But I know it probably isn't so I need to call my GP and see what she thinks I should do. I'm guessing she'll put in a referral for someone. My neighbor works for Mayfield (Brain and Spine) but I don't know that I want to go there because I don't want her all up in my business. Anyway, I'm going to buckle down and call my GP and see what she says. I need to follow my own advice to others and just fucking do it!
And that's all I've got. Time to get some yoga going and then finish up the rest of my routine. Happy Monday! Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment