Thursday, July 24, 2025

Here We Are

Here I am again at Maggie's house keeping an eye on Mom and Birdie. I arrived around 11:00 yesterday and Birdie acted like she didn't know me at first. She was sitting in her usual spot (on top of the cushions on the couch) with her ears back unsure of WFT. I put on my sweetest voice, lifted her up and cuddled and kissed her which brought her out of her funk. She did whine and cry a little, probably realizing she'd in fact been left behind while Maggie et al went south. 

Immediately, after arriving, I put on my suit and for the next couple hours I lazed about in the pool. It was a beautiful day and what else was I going to do? Around 2:00, I went in and chilled until about 3:15. At that point, I headed to Mom's to hang for a couple hours. As usual, I heard many a story about her cats and how good they are. I couldn't help myself saying once, "Yeah, until they pee all over the place." I'm not nice. We watched some HGTV and by about 5:00, my allergies were acting up so I left to come back to Maggie's. For the rest of the night I watched TV and read with Birdie in my lap. I slept okay (Birdie finally came in around 10:00 to cuddle) but tossed and turned a bit. 

I got up around 6:00 and at 6:04 Mom was calling me. She's apparently out of checks and we're taking Whiskers to the vet this morning. I told her I'd pay if need be and she could pay me back. Whatever...no big deal. I did email Maggie to see if she knew where the hell her checks are but I haven't heard back. Other than that, Mom said she'd enjoy going to lunch afterwards so we'll head to Houlihan's around 11:00. Beyond that, I plan on staying cool in the pool. It's going to be a scorcher. 

Who knows what dinner will be tonight. I'll probably just find something leftover in Maggie's fridge to eat. 

My plans for tomorrow are to wake up (hopefully), walk Birdie and then head back home, probably around 9 or 10. Anne will be here after work tomorrow, I believe. Not sure if I'll post tomorrow...we'll see. 

Maggie, you will be happy to know I brewed myself a cafe latte and am enjoying it as I type. 

Oh, my back is back to giving me fits. It's not as bad as it was when I was at PIB and the yoga is certainly helping but I'm definitely not going to cancel my appointment for Monday. 

Okay time to shower and get a move on. I have to leave here around 9:30 to go to Mom's to load up Whiskers and then head to the vet. Wish me luck. Later!

No comments: