Thursday, May 01, 2025

Another W

Eva's team won again last night but more importantly, she had an in the park homerun. Woot! 

Last night I decided not to cook so Jim and I went out for Mexican. Part of the reason was I was a little late getting home due to another meeting. It was probably 17th meeting with the architects giving us an update about the new building. Yesterday's meeting was a glimpse of the interior. It is pretty cool and innovative. Problem is, we're going to build this thing and then have no money to put anything in it to use. I'd assume that the money allotted for the building would also include furniture but who knows. All I do know is that the district is going to have to put on a levy soon in order for us to continue operating at the same place we are now. With the cuts that are being made in education both federally and statewide, we're pretty much fucked. 

Speaking of fucked, there's a new SB (29) that's gone through which is sending everyone into a tizzy. The bill mandates stricter student data privacy rules for schools, prohibiting the general monitoring of student activities on school-issued devices and requiring transparency in data collection. Basically, you have to go through all kinds of rigmarole to register apps that the students use. Everything from reading apps to apps like Quizlet etc. Guess which app hasn't been approved and very likely won't be? Google. Guess what we as teachers use almost exclusively to post and teach in our district? Google. Here's my question: Who is up the governors ass that is about to make a killing with their app that will be replacing Google? It's so fucking stupid. These assholes who are trying to dictate what happens in school! Such a racket. I need to get out of this business. And make no mistake, it is a business. 

Dinner tonight: I'll either grill some chicken or make a chicken tortellini. I'll probably grill since I have some veggies I need to use. 

The new student who started yesterday did well. He certainly has no filter but he's funny and crazy talented. The sketch shown is from his sketchbook that he showed me. There were a ton more drawings from puppies to people. I'm glad he hasn't something to be passionate about. His mother emailed last night saying how happy he was and how much he likes his new school. Finger crossed things continue on this road. 

Okay well, I've run out of time. Best mosey. Later!

No comments: