Tuesday, May 20, 2025

1 Down, 4 To Go

Although I don't really count Friday, I'm still counting it as a day I have to get up and go to work but truthfully, after the breakfast (which I won't eat) and the retiree presentation thingy Friday, I'll be out of there. 

Yesterday was pretty productive although I had more kids in my room than I expected. It was fine though because I managed to get as much of my progress reports done as I could. I have to wait on final grades for a lot of kids who have executive functioning goals. Then I got a lot of work done to prepare for next year; spreadsheets and whatnot. I emailed all my new parents to introduce myself and then put away most of the shit on my desk. I threw away a lot of shit too. I'll try to do more of that today.

My day today should be extra easy because I have my 3rd bell ELA exam and then my plan period so essentially I'm done at 9:30. I might just go run and get my hair cut . Don't tell anyone.

Today is the day we should find out who gets the principal's position. Everyone is suspecting it's our current VP because she was EXTRA chipper yesterday and apparently at graduation, a non-hugging administrator went up to her and hugged her. Truthfully, I don't care. Truthfully, I'm the least of her worries. Truthfully, if she leaves me alone and lets me do my job, we've got no problems. I just don't need anyone micromanaging me with 25 years under my belt. 

Jim's still on 2nd shift tonight which is fine. I have a couple jobs for him to do here while he's puttering around (plant the rest of the flowers). Additionally, I think the hot tub has a slow leak. He put a call in for service yesterday but it was around 4:30 and I think they were gone for the day. Hopefully someone can come out today and take a look. 

I'll make myself a taco bowl again for dinner which makes me happy. 

The kayak I ordered came on Sunday. I haven't taken it out of the box but I'm pretty excited to get up to the Bay and use it. I hope it doesn't suck. 

Here's something that sucked yesterday: I went to Kroger after the exams. As I was leaving the lot (it's a shared lot with a lot of businesses), I drove over a couple potholes that had just been filled in which got a shit ton of tar and gravel on my tires. My car is now driving like an asshole. At first I thought I had a flat but my tire pressure was fine. I pulled over and saw that the front two tires had globs of tar caked on it. As I've driven, it's gotten better and the heat from the road etc., has diminished it a lot but it's still there and annoying. Fucking assholes who didn't mare the spots. Who to complain to though?

Okay, time to get a move on. Happy Tuesday! Later!

No comments: