It rained so much this past weekend which made me very lazy. The boys were only able to get a tiny little walk on Saturday and we still had to walk in the rain. Sunday, however, he got a full blown 4-miler which made him happy. Hopefully after today we'll be drying out a bit.
Other than the rain, the weekend was okay. Friday we hung out with the neighbors for a couple cocktails before dinner and before the rain hit. Then Jim and I just chilled. Saturday we had to tackle my drippy cold water faucet in my bathroom. Of course nothing is ever easy and we ended up having to buy a whole new faucet and then of course getting it home, we thought (Jim thought) we didn't have all the needed parts so we had to put it off until Sunday. It ended up we did have all the needed parts and so after Shooters yesterday, with Jim reading directions and handing me tools, I got it installed. It was pretty easy too. This is the second faucet I've had to replace in this bathroom which is really annoying. Hopefully this one will last longer.
I went to get in the hot tub on Friday and it was all cloudy. Ugh! I took a water sample into our local pool place and they gave me some tips. I shocked it but it was still cloudy. I changed the filter and I've been doing my best to get the chemicals balanced but it's a huge pain in my ass. I'll check it today when I get home and hopefully it will be fine. This stresses me out.
Jim's headed to Columbus today for a Monday-Thursday job. He's not looking forward to it, nor am I. I don't mind being by myself but I don't like it when he's so far away. At least he'll be home Thursday night though.
The honeymoon phase for my new kid lasted less than three days. He had a bit of a meltdown at the end of the day Friday because he didn't want to go to lifting for football. He lifted the day before and was sore and just wanted to go home. The para and I (mainly the para) managed to get him to the weight room but it wasn't easy and he threw a fit. On his way out the door he said to me, "A lot of help you are!" And then he cussed and proceeded to bitch and moan. Here's the biggest issue I have with the whole thing: Mom did not inform me of the change in plans so when the para came to walk him to the bus, I find out that he's supposed to go lifting. This is a kid who was given a solid month to transition into the new school. He walked his schedule 3 times before starting so his anxiety was reduced. He has a visual schedule so he knows what's coming and there are no surprises. And then three days in, mom sets me and him up for failure because she can't sent a simple email telling me of the plan. So frustrating. I'll have to deal with that when I get to school because she sent an email late Friday in response to my email about the confusion and resulting behaviors. This was all her fault and I need to make sure it doesn't happen again. I wasn't going to email over the weekend because you know, I don't want to set that precedence. She should know better.Dinner tonight: It will be a week of leftovers. I think tonight I'll use the leftover meatballs and cook up some spaghetti and a salad.
And that's all I've got. Time to get a move on. Two weeks until exam week and three weeks total! Woot! Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment