Friday, November 05, 2021

Another Write Off

I have a meeting today and will most likely lose another student on my caseload, which bums me out for two reasons. First, this is a kid I really like and who is easy. Second, the lower my numbers the more likely a move-in will come to me and no one likes a mid-year move in. It's like a box of chocolates but not as delicious! More like a box of chocolates with all cream filled/jelly filled chocolates and only a smattering of chocolate covered caramels. The odds are against you. 

It's Friday in case you didn't know and I couldn't be happier! No real plans this weekend except the usual. Dinner tonight: I took some minestrone out of the freezer and we'll have that and maybe a grilled cheese with it. 

I came home yesterday and walked Scout then mulched the leaves in the front yard. It was a bit of a shit storm for two reasons. First the leaves were THICK! Second the wind was slightly blowing and kept kicking leaves all over the place from my mower. It wasn't a very neat job but at least I'm keeping up, which is important as probably only 1/3 - 1/2 of the leaves are down. Ugh. 

Oh, and before I mowed, I did some leaf-blowing. Part of which was the roof just off our bedroom window. So I went upstairs, opened the window then slid the screen over and about 100 stinkbugs fell from the track of the screen. I was so pissed and yelled, "WHAT THE MOTHER FUCK!? I HATE FUCKING STINKBUGS!" Sorry to any kids outside who may have heard my rant but I think anyone aware of the issue would understand. I then had to get a skewer and stab each and every bug and then flick it out of the screen track which took a good 10-15 minutes. ARG! 

What else? Oh, I made a delicious chicken last night in the air fryer. If you have an air fryer - I completely recommend. It's called Crispy Lemon Parmesan Chicken. Yummy. 

I'm taking my fuzzy warm slippers to school and keeping them at my desk. See, my room is right by the doors where the kids come in from the buses. Normally my room temperature is fairly comfortable but in the morning some asshole keeps propping the doors open as the kids file in and my feet fucking freeze! So I'm taking my slippers to keep my feet toasty in the morning. 

Jim's ranting and raving about something on the news right now and I have no idea what he's even saying but I just heard him say, "Stupid bungholes!" Hee hee. 

Okay - time to get a move on. Happy Friday! Later!


No comments: