Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Skyline How I Missed You

Yesterday after my morning routine, Mom and I went Krogering and then headed to Skyline for lunch. I haven't had Skyline for over two years...probably more like three. Let me tell you, it was worth the calories. And truthfully, I wasn't even thinking about that when I was eating it. I was just thinking how yummy it was. I had my typical: small 3-way, a cheese coney w/ mustard and onions accompanied by a root beer. Spectacular! It'll probably be another couple years before I eat it again but this trip will tide me over. 

From there, Mom and I came home, I finished off my French cake batter and did some dinner prep and then we just relaxed, talked, watched Nicolle at 4:00 and sat in front of the fire. 

Today is going to be a nothing day. I will probably head to Kroger (because I'm dumb and forgot to get the ice cream for Maggie and the makings for my app) but other than that, we'll hunker down here at home. It's raining cats and dogs and really isn't going to let up much today. I'm hoping to get a small break around 2:30 so I can watch the dogs but who knows. 

Dinner tonight: Homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese. 

Oh, Richard update: Mom got a call from the rehab center yesterday that in the morning, Richard started having issues (sweating profusely and his heart seemed to be giving him fits) so they took him back to the hospital (near to their home). So far there's no real news other than they're running tests;, he's checked in, has an IV drip and will be getting OT and PT while there. Mom will be able to better talk to him there though because he has an actual phone in his room. She hasn't talked to him yet because by the time they got him all settled and mom got his room number, he was sleeping. She'll call later. Fingers crossed he's on the mend. 

Lauren and Doug, who are taking care of Mom's kitties said they are loving the kids. Yesterday, Lauren texted me that when the kids got home, the literally dropped their bags and ran down to hang with them after school. I ordered a boatload of candy from Amazon to have it sent as a thank you. 

Okay - time to finish my coffee and then head to the elliptical. Happy Wednesday! Stay healthy and safe out there in the rain (if you have to go out in it). Later!

No comments: