I mean, what a MESS! Jim and I were in Kentucky yesterday for his appointment (more on that in a minute) and it was horrible! Getting there was okay but getting home was a mess. For me, it was just a shit ton of traffic but it was moving okay on 275. What should have taken a half hour took about 50 minutes. I guess, in the heat of rush hour, that isn't too bad. For Jim, his experience was a little different (mainly because that fucker doesn't listen). I left the appointment about 30 minutes before Jim and once I got past the 471 exchange it was smooth going. So I sent Jim a text saying, "275 is packed but moving...take it! Don't alternate and once you get to the hill approaching 471 get in the right lane...not too bad." (471 is a left lane exit so you have to get in the right lane if you aren't taking it to avoid the jam.)
So I get home around 5:30 and feed the dogs. Jim's supposed to go to Shooters and text me when he's 5 minutes away. 6:00 rolls around...nothing. 6:15...nothing. So I check Life360 (my Jim tracker) and I see he's about 5 miles from the hospital. So I call him and ask what he's doing. His answer? "275 was packed so I'm going an alternate route." Of course I yelled at him because this is his M.O. He sees a little traffic and runs the opposite way. Even if the traffic app is telling him it's the best way. Such an asshole. All in all, Jim ended up in his car for almost 2 hours. He didn't get to Shooters until 7:15. Needless to say, he got a dressing down not only for not listening but also because he needs a hair cut in the worst way and it's driving me nuts!
His appointment: I really liked the doc (Dr. Huth). He was very thorough and spent a lot of time with us explaining everything and showing us Jim's scans and the tumors that he's focused on. The one is very near to his diaphragm, heart and esophagus so it's going to be a tricky one. Additionally, it's squeezing out an airway and this could cause pneumonia which is something the doc is worried about. The other tumor is an easier one...not near anything major and would, by itself only need 3 treatments. However, because the tricky one is such a dick, they'll need to do more treatments for it with less radiation. So, Jim will go for 8 rounds. This will happen AFTER he gets fit for his table. Basically he'll go in sometime next week and they'll get him positioned on a beanbag like table. They'll mold it to his body, do some other stuff, take two CT scans and then set up his radiation starting about a week later (which takes us into Thanksgiving week...ugh!) He'll go every day (during the work week) until the 8 treatments have been given. There are very few complications or side effects that come with this (fatigue, probably a dry cough) and there's about 75% success rate with destroying these tumors. Fingers crossed.
And that's about all I have time for. Tonight I'll make the meal that I was going to make for dinner last night (Thai curry grilled pork chops with broccoli and cauliflower rice). So happy it's the weekend! Three more cases of covid at the high school.
Happy Friday! Stay safe and healthy. Later!

No comments:
Post a Comment