Monday, November 16, 2020

A Full Week

It's been a while since I had a full week of school but thankfully after this one, I'll have Thanksgiving week with only two days to worry about. The week itself at school should be fine (I have an IEP meeting on Wednesday) as long as everyone stays away from me and doesn't give me the 'Rona. 

Speaking of which, on Friday I counted on our attendance list 200 students quarantined but isn't it interesting that when the districts numbers came out on Saturday it said there were only 117 students in quarantine. I call bullshirt! This is why we need daily updates. I just think the district is downplaying then numbers and not being honest and transparent about what's happening.

We had a meeting on Friday after kids left with our union president. He explained that all the angst and stress we're feeling and voicing to our administration is basically falling on deaf ears. They really don't give a shit how much we're struggling but they'll "think" about throwing us a bone. They said they might let us teach remotely next Monday and Tuesday during the two-day week of Thanksgiving. I don't know if this means we can stay home (doubt it) but it's such a bullshit week anyway where no one does much of anything that it kind of falls flat. But...I'll take it if it happens. 

The weekend was fine. Nothing special. We did go out to lunch with Fritz on Saturday to Seasons 52. Other than that, we just hung out, had dinner, played some Wii, had a couple of fires and snuggled with some pups. 

Dinner tonight: Chicken marsala in the Instant Pot. A fave although chicken anymore is a crap shoot for me...half the time it just doesn't thrill me. Not sure if it's the texture or what. I'll pound the shit out of it though to hopefully alleviate that weird texture. 

Oh, I do have a dentist appointment Thursday right after school. Jim has his "fitting" for his radiation on Thursday as well. Other than that, nothing exciting is happening. 

So I guess that's it. Anymore an uneventful weekend is just fine with me. Happy Monday! Here's to having a quick week. Stay healthy, covid-free, masked and keep your distance. Later!

No comments: